Pages

Tuesday, January 5

Zero waste.

We are just about back to normal - but I couldn't resist one of my all time favourites to use up some left over cheddar and some ggs - yes we have an egg glut!

I grated the cheese, whipped up a couple of eggs, mustard and some worcester sauce - awesomeness on a plate.




The fridge is full so I am refusing to buy any food until we have used up everything. Our lovely organic vegetables last us for 3 night's dinners and by day 4 any left go into a soup.




The roast vegetables get chopped together and I make a vegetable kegeree with spring onions. The yorkshire puds ahem have now all gone.




The mashed potato had the lovely addition of some celariac - again I added spring onions and will make the mixture into fishcakes.




I haven't thought about any New Year's resolutions but zero food waste is one of my aims. Throughout January and February we will be eating traditional warming dinners and I also want to eat more fish.




14 comments:

  1. That all seems delicious, the first dish i don't know ...
    A very good aime.. not only at the start of a year i think....
    one should always be aware of wasting... better, don't try to waste at all

    Have a nice abc-day / -week
    ♫ M e l ☺ d y ♫ <abc-e-team)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I applaud you, Denise! I aim to do the same. Happy New Year and all the best i 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just thinking this morning that I miss your food posts
    and here you are today.
    Will try your egg idea. Looks like you scrambled the egg and then placed it on toast under the broiler.

    cheers, parsnip and thehamish

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waste not, want not!
    Your dinners look so good.
    There is nothing like fresh veggies to make me feel good and soup is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's nothing better than leftovers! I, too, will add some cheese to eggs that I scramble - gives such a zippy taste if the cheese is sharp. And I applaud your efforts at making soup. I'd like to try making soup some day.

    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
  6. A noble goal, and delicious!

    ROG, ABCW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I must say Denise that I do try to eat everything up after Christmas and New Year - otherwise such a lot goes to waste. Soups are always a good way aren;t they? One of my resolutions is for usto eat more fish. I am not awfully keen on it so have to find some way of making it more attractive. Any suggestions? (the trouble is that we only really like fish and chips and that is the lazy way out.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My fridge sounds like yours, - lots of soup possibilities... Haven't been to the store since the day before Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Zero waste is a great choice for Z ~ delicious looking foodie photos ~

    Happy Week to you, ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very good ! so should it be !

    Gattina
    ABC Wednesday Team

    ReplyDelete
  11. Every dish looks scrumptious! My hubby would LOVE the eggs and cheese. I have been trying to use up everything too and not waste.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm going to make that cheesy thing for lunch, thank you very much. I have no worchester, but maybe I'll dibble a bit of liquid smoke into the concoction. Other than milk and juice, my aim is to do the same thing as you -- clear out the fridge and the freezer. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, always nice to know somebody has taken the time to let me know what they think.