Pages

Monday, January 5

Zero results



This was my Christmas present. "March Hare" by William Goddard. The colour representation here does not do it credit. The inner mount is a pale heather colour to compliment the purple flowers - and the alium flowers of the curtains - and in the spring the 100 alium bulbs which will flower opposite the window. I have admired this picture for a few months - bought from The Stables gallery in Thornton-le-Dale.
The gallery couldn't tell me anything about the artist as it was bought by the previous owner - all we know is William Goddard has a Sheffield connection - so my research continues....so far despite endless google searches I have zero results!

This concludes the current ABC Wednesday round - next week brings Round 16!

15 comments:

  1. Wonderful picture Denise,
    You seem to have a keen eye for bunnies and hares!
    Happy New Year,
    love di..xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is rather gorgeous isn't it? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. drool, drool, drool.......beautiful! Suzy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. As you know, I collect hare memorabilia Denise and I absolute love this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear, sorry Denise, I didn't read your comment until I returned from hospital. We did manage to go up to the ward and see a friend who had been in for ten days and that cheered him up no end. But thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love this painting, Denise. It is very realistic and the hare has character.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely not the Easter bunny, but a great picture.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that's your present not the previous one. Well that's lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What's important is you like the picture. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Way to end another round...with a cliff hanger!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely painting to add to your collection.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, always nice to know somebody has taken the time to let me know what they think.