Pages

Friday, January 10

The beach today, Friday 10th January & egg update!

 
“My soul is full of longing for the secret of the sea,
and the heart of the great oceansends a thrilling pulse through me.”
 
Longfellow 
 
 
 







For a change I took my camera along, instead of using my mobile phone. The quality of the photographs is far superior and looking at these images now, I have told myself I will take my camera with me in the future. Yes it's a bit of a faff on, juggling keys, camera, balls etc. but it's well worth it - I will use my pockets to capacity as bags are another issue!

The intense blue of both the sky and sea indicate just how cold it was - but Bing and Freida enjoyed it.

Update on the hen house - Eva has laid another egg today - so it's one every other day so far!
Watch this space!

8 comments:

  1. Scrambled eggs in the Nesbitt household soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely Chris - LOVE eggs. Bought some pickled eggs this week - absolutely dreadful - solid as a rock!

      Delete
  2. Oh, I love to see photos of the ocean. I miss living beside the Pacific.
    Bing is just beautiful, isn't he? He seems to be so much bigger than Freida, and I know his chest will fill out as he matures. A fine specimen of a young man, your Bing!
    I want to say "Save an egg for me" but there's no telling when we'll get to Britain. Dick has us booked to go to Iceland for his birthday at the end of March. I know it's beautiful, but the volcanic action scares me out of what few wits I have left.
    Looking forward to more ocean photos from your actual camera!
    Luv, K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't give me any encouragement Kay - just loaded up 84 pictures from today's visit to the beach! (Saturday) Can feel another post coming on - I'll dedicate it to you! lol!

      Delete
  3. I gave my hens a stern talking-to after you said you had had an egg - the result was one very soft shelled on yesterday - still it's a start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have some golf balls if all else fails Pat!

      Delete
  4. My bathroom is so disgustingly in need of decorating and I've been thinking about decorating the walls in a 'seascape' kind of way. There are so many repairs and old drilled holes/cracks, I thought it would add a certain je ne s.....can't remember how to spell it lol!. Your quote from Longfellow would look good written on the walls.....something to look at when on the 'throne'! There, I knew I'd get to the point eventually!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Sandie xxxxxxx You can buy adhesive signs now - seen a few on ebay/amazon.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments, always nice to know somebody has taken the time to let me know what they think.